Wednesday, September 16, 2009

"Ramadan Karim" (Happy Ramadan)

Editor's Note: This week marks the last week for Ramadan, the Muslim month-long celebration that ends Saturday, September 19.

My name is Larom and I am nine. My grandparents were born in Turkey, my parents and I were born in Russia, and my little brother was born here in Tucson, AZ. I speak three languages fluently. We moved from Russia to America two years ago, and I had to say goodbye to my two best friends and all my cousins and our dog. I don't know if I will ever see them again. When we came to America I thought everything was very strange -- funny talking, funny clothes, and no trees! It doesn't even ever snow here! I didn't think I would ever like it in Tucson, but then when school started I learned things fast and I met new friends and I found some things about this country that I like. There is one whole isle at the grocery store that is just candy, and there is an ice cream place that has 31 different flavors! I want to grow up and be a teacher in America and help kids who don't speak English.

Pray That Larom And her family will discover more things they like about America, and also discover Jesus. This community of Meskhetian Turks is very closed to the Gospel, please pray that God will give them ears to hear.



"Ramadan Karim" (Happy Ramadan!)

No comments: